=- mark at mark.mielke.cc wrote on Wed 28.Mar'07 at 19:11:23 -0400 -=

> On Wed, Mar 28, 2007 at 10:52:18PM +0200, Rado S wrote:
> > To Trent:
> > - who else besides Bill has hurt you?
> > - what means credit to you?
> > - what's the benefit of credit for/ to you?
> > - what kind of credit do you (believe to) get _now_ with locked source?
> > - from whom?
> > - does this credit mean more to you than from fellow trek-coders
> > 	and the whole community?
>
> It's Trent's choice to do as he wishes, {...}

I'm not denying that!

> If he feels pride from providing works that some consider
> valuable, and feels it necessary to protect his investment by
> not providing source code, this is fully his right.

I'm neither denying this!

> What you or I might think of Trent, or whether we agree or not
> with him doesn't matter. Let it go.
>
> Rado: It doesn't matter.

*sigh*

It might not change Trent's attitude, but it will definitely
change my understanding, and with that perhaps tolerance/
acceptance or even support of his when I understand him better.
Until now it just makes no sense because I don't have Trent's
definitions/ answers to the above.

We don't have to agree just to understand each other better.

I'm just curious, that's all.
To Trent:
What's the problem with having the above posed questions answered?
Time certainly is not the issue.