On Wed, Mar 28, 2007 at 10:52:18PM +0200, Rado S wrote:
> To Trent:
> - who else besides Bill has hurt you?
> - what means credit to you?
> - what's the benefit of credit for/ to you?
> - what kind of credit do you (believe to) get _now_ with locked source?
> - from whom?
> - does this credit mean more to you than from fellow trek-coders
> 	and the whole community?

Rado: It doesn't matter. It's Trent's choice to do as he wishes,
assuming he is respecting the copyright of the original authors.
For example, if he has any GPL code in his source tree, he better
be releasing source code with any of his binary releases.

If he feels pride from providing works that some consider valuable,
and feels it necessary to protect his investment by not providing
source code, this is fully his right.

Thankfully - not everybody has this mindset, otherwise we wouldn't
have many quality products such as Linux available to us in source
form. Netrek itself would never have been popular in its early years
if its authors had not released it to the public.

What you or I might think of Trent, or whether we agree or not with
him doesn't matter. Let it go.

Cheers,
mark

--