On sydney.netrek.org last night we held a game with a manually activated
draft without the INL robot.

I used "setship N captain" to mark the captains, then "setgame
inl-draft-on" to trigger the draft.  It worked fine but for a minor
problem.

A player joined near the end of the draft sequence, but was not PALIVE
until after the last pick had moved into position, and as a result the
draft ended at about the same time the new player appeared.

Unfortunately I didn't get a recording, so I don't know the exact
timing.

The player ended up with his fresh ship up near Ald, despite joining Fed
team.  Fed therefore had a nice bombing advantage.

I've had a quick look through the code, but has anyone else any ideas?