I agree about the command line interface, and I think the graphical idea
is great.  I am envisioning here the player ships lined up, and when
tractored (selected), the ship spins off to the side to join his
teammate.  I think this is what you're describing as well.

I suppose the question here, from a programming standpoint, is how to
integrate INL "commands", which are controlled by the inl robot, in a
way that they can affect ship position, etc, controlled by ntserv, in a
way that makes sense.

It's almost like the minidraft process would need to be built into
ntserv, perhaps as a mode that the inl robot invokes.  I've been looking
at conquer.c for ideas.

Admittedly (as I'm sure I've just made quite apparent) I'm not nearly as
familiar with the code as the rest of you, so I'll be digging through it
for the next few days.  I'd like to make this happen.

Rich