Folks,

I created a colinux image that runs the debian build of netrek-server-vanilla for the windows platform. Colinux (Cooperative Linux) is an open source method for running Linux on Microsoft Windows natively, similar (in ways) to vmware/xen (http://www.xensource.com/Pages/default.aspx). The image is 349MB install of debian-40r1-i386-businesscard.iso, running "Linux debian 2.6.11-co-0.6.4 #1 Mon Jun 19 05:36:13 UTC 2006 i686 GNU/Linux". I am still troubleshooting some basic image set up issues, but otherwise the server works well, and would be useful for someone wanting to run current versions of the netrek server on Windows platforms supported by Colinux.

-bd

Notes: After adding quozl.linux.org.au/netrek to sources.list and apt-get insgall netrek-server-vanilla, running the server and connecting with a client first reported, "ntserv: error while loading shared libraries: libmp.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory". This can probably be fixed by adding libgmp3 to the package dependency list.

--
We've Got Your Name @ www.mail.com!!!