=- Dave Ahn wrote on Fri 24.Aug'07 at 19:12:02 -0400 -=

> On Fri, Aug 24, 2007 at 10:41:19PM +0200, Rado S wrote:
> > They are refusing to do what is needed for "fairness" per
> > response to Joe.
>
> A lack of response does not mean a lack of interest nor does it
> mean refusal.

Right, sorry, I thought I had clarified elsewhere ("hanging
process") that it implies this:
"they are not doing what _I consider_ needed".
Namely faster or any response at all, independent of the original
issue. I'm sorry for the bad timing that you were already running
and I was about to run out of time, and therefore pressed for it.

> Perhaps not everyone agrees with your definition of what is
> "needed" for this community.

Definitely they don't, so I had to ask to figure out.

Also it was to figure out who to listen to, or who wants to say
something on what is needed or positively declined. There have been
others mentioning this issue before me, so I thought there would
have been _some_ others willing to do something about it.

I assumed you and the other admins of the core resources were the
ones to have a say 1st before running into/over you(r resources or
interests) though.

Now I know.

> "Fairness" is a moving target, and the foundation for it has
> always been the leagues (or clue games, if you will). If this
> answer doesn't make sense or seems deficient, {...}

It does... but the leagues are gone, ... does this mean it's
irrelevant for pickup games (or whatever is left after the leagues)?
I'd like to have "fair" clue and pickup games, too, if I knew what
"fair" means with regard to client features and whose standards count.

> The scope and intent of RES-RSA has never been as broad as is
> being assumed or claimed by some of the people on this list.

Hmm... that's mostly me then, ... I'd like to improve on it.
 If you know of URLs or keywords to search for (more than already
given), please let me know.
I only found threads that cover the technical aspects of RSA, not the
motivation, scope, intent with it.
(like http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.netrek/browse_thread/thread/df1ac75895e86d99/0f093411917fecb0
and http://www.cs.cmu.edu/afs/cs.cmu.edu/user/jch/netrek/rsa
 ~15y ago, wow, getting old ;).

But given even that, it _seems_ like what I've been looking for at
least for the technical aspect; it would just need to be applied
more consequently and systematically (social aspect as laid out in
the threads' starters).

> On an earlier post, you asked:
> > How can we help you? (other than being patient)
>
> Plenty of people in this community seem to be contributing very
> positively with little to no interaction with me,
> {...}
> Netrek is not the same as it was, and it shouldn't be. It is up to
> the current active community to define the game and sustain it.

I prefer to ask who I presume responsible before acting against
their interests when I'm not sure about it.