On Sat, Sep 08, 2007 at 11:06:08AM -0400, cflrich at cfl.rr.com wrote:
> I've implemented a minidraft request as a request by the captains, as
> opposed to a vote from all players, as I feel this is more in keeping
> with the INL captain structure.  Let me know if you think differently.

I certainly think it is up to the captains.  A popular vote isn't
appropriate.

> Also, I'm thinking that, in the name of simplicity for now, draft
> selectors will correspond to the INL captains (ie, no two draft
> selectors from the same team).

Ok.  One option coded in my head but not in a text file is for the
captain to delegate to a selector, using the following sequence:

- captain picks their selector from the unpicked player pool, by using
  the lock or tractor keys,

- selector is moved by the server to the captain's team pick list,

- captain locks on their selector, and as a result the selector and the
  captain swap roles and positions on screen,

But this is an optional nicety.

Imagine the social dynamics of it ... a captain who is a game organiser
type rather than a strategic expert might pick the best strategist from
the pool, then delegate to them the picking of the fighters the
strategist wants to work with.