I spent a fair bit of this afternoon examining draft.c with an eye for
the animation of the various movement, and ended up delving
shoulder-deep into the various position functions in daemonII.c,
transwarp.c, util.c, etc etc.  And of course, I have a few questions.

Currently, the code put together in draft.c updates the player
positions, directly I believe?, via the p_x_y_go() function, in
inl_draft_update(), set to a 2 second fuse in daemonII.c.  It appears to
me that this function directly sets the new player position, and so the
ships will be moved towards their targets, defined in inl_place_XXX().

Will this work?  Will the normal player and ship updates in daemonII.c
override the above?  If not, can I also do things like j->p_desdir =
some_direction, and changedir(), to modify direction the ship is facing,
and still move the ship position as described?

I had originally looked to transwarp.c for some guidance, and it appears
here that normal ship position updating is overridden in daemonII.c by
udtwarp(), and I was thinking a similar methodology might be used for
draft movement (uddraftmove() or something), but I'm unsure how much
unnecessary overhead this may add to a normal bronco server-- afterall,
udplayers() and udships() executes pretty often.

Of course, perhaps you just threw p_x_y_go() in as a placeholder, a TODO
of sorts, to get some animation up and moving.  I'm trying to flesh out
the best way to get my spinning ship effect :-)

Any comments?

Rich