G'day Rich,

The strange behaviour for ships that are orbiting ... we have yet to
knock them out of orbit, and out of dock, during inl_draft_begin().
Have a look at the conquer.c or the tractor code in the daemon.  There
are some common functions developed for some of this, like those in
bay.c.

On the different placement modes, the key thing is that the current mode
can be changed at any time by the server admin.  I've also considered
that the default mode should happen between the ROM and FED frontline
planets.  Perhaps the centre coordinates of the draft should be settable
in sysdefaults ... INL_DRAFT_X and INL_DRAFT_Y.

There are a few TODOs in the source.  Testing with CONFINE enabled may
be interesting.