Niclas Fredriksson wrote:
> On Sat, 5 Apr 2008, Mark Mielke wrote:
>
>> It is a team sport, though, and having separate plays isolated from each
>> other is a bit anti-team.
>>

> This comment of yours is a comment on netrek, not the audio part. It's a
> fact that there are several separate plays going on continuously in
> netrek.

No - I don't think so. Team messages have been fine for tracking team
efforts for over a decade. Voice is more efficient. There is really no
reason it NEEDS to have separate channels. Some people might not be able
to figure out the new protocols, just like some people never used team
messages appropriately.

If you isolate voice - you end up with people NOT getting important team
messages. If the team captain says something important, and isn't heard,
because you are off doing your own thing on a separate channel - whose
fault is that?

Cheers,
mark

--