The system that hosts the primary Netrek services has experienced a
hardware failure with the power supply.  The folks at Real Time who
provide the hosting services have been spectacular in helping with this
situation, and they have even provided a temporary replacement server
until ours can be fixed.  Primary Netrek services, including
www.netrek.org, is now back up.  I'm expecting the replacement parts to
arrive late next week, so for the next two weeks or so, you may notice
some secondary Netrek services being down or less responsive.

We are looking into some alternatives for backup or redundant systems in
order to reduce the impact of our primary server going offline.  Thanks
for your patience and understanding.  Special thanks to Real Time and
everyone else who help to maintain or support the Netrek infrastructure
and community.

Dave