On Fri, Mar 21, 2008 at 02:44:52PM -0500, John R. Dennison wrote:
> 	I would be happy to volunteer to build binaries except that as
> 	far as I am concerned that's a position of trust, both within
> 	the circle of developers and within the community and I do not
> 	feel I have earned that level of trust within either group.

The trust need not be isolated to a single individual ... if the build
process is described to the point of falsification, then the trust can
be shared.  Think of the scientific method, where no scientist trusts
anothers results unless they are reproducible, and reproducibility
depends not only on the truth of the findings but also the documentation
of the experiment.