On Fri, Mar 21, 2008 at 07:53:38PM -0400, Bill Balcerski wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 21, 2008 at 7:17 PM, James Cameron <quozl at us.netrek.org> wrote:
> >  ... if the build process is described to the point of falsification, then the trust
> > can be shared.
>
> I'm confused by what you meant here, especially by the word
> falsification, could you clarify?

Consider the assertion that a client contains an unfair feature that is
hidden.  Now try to refute or test that assertion.  That process is
falsification.  The process relies on evidence, in the form of source
code (for your client), the build process, and the binary.  It also
relies on experimentation with the binary.

I'm not saying your client has any unfair feature, though I imagine
others might want to argue the point ... what I'm trying to get as is
the process needed to declare it fair.

I've not reviewed the build process for your client, nor have I
experimented with it.  I've occasionally reviewed source code changes.