On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 11:03:37PM +0200, Chris Lukassen wrote:
> Actually the 10.5 stuff is sitting in the trunk waiting for the
> working version of the server to embed, i've tried some of the server
> releases but never got anything but an empty stream.

Thanks for the reminder about that problem.  The problem began when the
server was ported by Bob to Mac OS X, and it is reproducible with that
tree on Linux 32-bit.

http://james.tooraweenah.com/darcs/netrek-server-osx-merge/ is the darcs
repository.

The changes haven't been merged into the main netrek server tree because
I wanted to fix that problem first.  I did look very carefully at the
code and couldn't find an obvious cause, so I was next going to try a
bisection.

Bob, have you proceeded on this at all?  You gave patches by mail
between 6th June and 12th June 2009.

> I could remove the embedded server, and release quite soon.

I think you should do that anyway, but I don't know how many players you
have that play locally.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/