On Sat, Jun 06, 2009 at 12:46:06AM -0500, Bob Tanner wrote:
> I was informed gum is no longer maintained? (if so, remove it from
> darcs?)

It is removed already, since the version you based from.

> I prefer to work in bzr and would like to continue working there until
> we know that the osx code is stable and ready for merge back into
> upsteam/darcs.

Let me know when you are ready for merge.

> What I would like to do is open a launchpad bugs for each major "drop"
> of an old platform and allow the developers to discuss it. Comments?

No, just drop them.  If there are users of them they will speak up.

> I also removed most (all?) of the deprecated APIs, as hinted above,
> memcmp vs bcmp, memcpy vs bcopy, memset vs bzero. Like above, I'll open
> a LP bugs and let the developers discuss. Comments?

No, I don't think we need to discuss these.  Just do them.

> * SYSV signals vs BSD signals

Ok.

> * Header file inclusions unistd.h? strings.h? stdlib.h? fctl.h?

Ok.

> * strcpy, strncpy, string stuff in general

Ok.

> * random, srandom vs rrandom,ssrandom

Ok.

> * usleep vs micosleep

nanosleep actually?  Ok.

> * wait3, waitpid

Ok.

> Everyone think using LP bugs to discuss the changes is a good
> methodology for tracking all of this?

No.  All current servers run on Linux.  We should use the latest POSIX
APIs that Linux supports.  I don't think we should use Linux specific
APIs without good reason and graceful degradation when they are absent.

> Right now, I'm just looking to start the discussion, let developers use
> tools they know (vim, emacs, etc) and give me a code review.

Got a patch?