Andrew and I were talking Saturday night about a continuation of the
existing netrek development wiki and he had mentioned that he was moving
the bits that he was making us of over to some ad-based free wiki on the
web somewhere.

I made him the offer of hosting a free mediawiki instance for his use, and
after I went to the trouble of securing it from spambot idiocy I mentioned
to him that I'd be happy to host it as a general netrek wiki that could
have an area devoted to development issues.

What I've put together is on a VPS I have in a datacenter in the Building
of the Americas in Philidephia, PA USA; dual-homed off of Global Crossing
and Level-3; running the latest version of MediaWiki (same base wiki
codebase as wikipedia uses; secured to prevent spambot idiocy as best as
possible.  Data is backed-up nightly and shipped off-site and in the event
of an emergency I can roll-out another instance elsewhere in a matter of
minutes.

If people are still interested in this and want to take me up on the
offer please respond here.

							John
--
"I'm sorry but our engineers do not have phones."
As stated by a Network Solutions Customer Service representative when asked to

"My other computer is your windows box."
                                     Ralf Hildebrandt
<sxem> trying to play sturgeon while it's under attack is apparently not fun.