On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 10:26:43PM +0200, Niclas Fredriksson wrote:
> On Tue, 19 May 2009, Gremaux, Douglas A wrote:
>
> > Observed on pickled server last night during pre-T entertainment.  Did
> > not try it during t-mode.  While peaced and carrying, fly to enemy
> > planet, orbit with shields up, and beam down.  Shields drop but armies
> > don't, which is expected.  Declare war.  Armies start dropping
> > immediately before war declaration 10 second timer runs out.  I believe
> > this is a bug.  Note that beam down key was only pressed before
> > declaring war. Client XP 2009 although I doubt that matters.  Bug is
> > repeatable.
>
> Working as intended.

	Working, yes.  Intended, I doubt that.  It bears every
	indication of a design flaw as does the legacy base refit
	conditions.

	Please note, I am not advocating changing it from the way
	it currently operates.  I would, however, suggest documenting
	this behavior somewhere as it's not how one would expect it
	to function.

							John

--
"I'm sorry but our engineers do not have phones."
As stated by a Network Solutions Customer Service representative when asked to

"My other computer is your windows box."
                                     Ralf Hildebrandt
<sxem> trying to play sturgeon while it's under attack is apparently not fun.