On Wed, May 20, 2009 at 08:43:50AM -0600, J C wrote:
> Since the game

You mean metaserver.

> works in UDP I think that the ideal of making the poller work in
> TCP/IP, as a back up to the UDP code, is dumb.  So I was also
> considering deleting that code.  That will mean fewer variables and an
> overall simpler, easier to maintain, program.

I agree.  I'm planning to rip the TCP support out of COW.  It isn't
needed.  My netrek-client-pygame client never had it, never needed it.

I don't plan to remove TCP support from the metaserver, however.  It
clearly isn't in as much demand as the UDP support, so it won't get as
much focus in future.