On Wed, May 20, 2009 at 09:50:17PM -0500, John R. Dennison wrote:
> Ok, seriously, this has gone far enough.  AutoPhaser?  Client ability to
> override server FeaturePackets?

This will tip game balance and change behaviour as users upgrade.  As
the tip continues, other active client developers will implement the
same feature.

Are there any changes to the data provided to the client by a server
that would serve to restore the balance?

> Feature packets exist so admins can limit client abilities on their
> servers and present an even playing field.

Yes, that was the design intention, but with the subversion of our RSA
implementation several years ago and the removal recently, the feature
packet design is left like Bugs Bunny running off a cliff ... it takes
but a few seconds, realisation hits, and gravity takes effect.