On 02/25/2010 02:07 AM, Niclas Fredriksson wrote:
> On Thu, 25 Feb 2010, James Cameron wrote:
>
>> I don't see how this coding error would favour passive strategy over
>> aggressive strategy.  Could you explain?
>>
> I probably didn't understand your explanation but it seemed to me the
> change makes it more difficult to deal ship explosion damage to the base
> when ogging. If it's more difficult to damage with explosions then there
> will be less of an advantage of being aggressive and trying to close the
> distance to the enemy.
>
> But if I misunderstood your explanation, how do you mean this change
> should "*entirely* change base ogging"?

Just to play devil's advocate for a second - doesn't reduced time window
during which you can inflict damage imply that you must SPEED UP to
apply the most damage, i.e. you must be MORE aggressive? :-)

Being slow and passive while ogging now means zero damage to the SB,
whereas before it meant *some* damage...

Cheers,
mark