On 02/25/2010 11:54 PM, James Cameron wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 11:19:02PM -0500, Mark Mielke wrote:
>
>> Just to play devil's advocate for a second - doesn't reduced time window
>> during which you can inflict damage [...]
>>
> But it's not a reduced time window during which you can inflict damage
> (by explosion) ... it's a shift of the time window.
>
> For the base pilot, it is a reduced time window during which they can
> avoid damage following an explosion.

Which means you must be closer to the target when you die to inflict the
same damage, which I would call MORE aggressive, not less. :-)

Less aggressive would imply that one changes strategies entirely, by
giving up using the ship explosion as a weapon. Although some people
might give up - I doubt that the experts will remove this tool from
their tool chest and "give up", just because they have to get a big
closer before they die...

Cheers,
mark