On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 07:49:08PM -0800, Michael Bax wrote:

> Have you decided on a feature freeze for the core server?  Surely some
> worthy features may be introduced over the next decade?

	I've not decided anything for pickled; I don't set policy there
	as it's not my server.  I have, however, spent many hours
	talking with Karthik about policy there and there is absolutely
	no reason to bump up updates / second.  Karthik has conducted
	at least one poll of players to determine the desire of the
	player base to have UPS ramped to 50.  The results were
	either neutral or totally against it, very few wanted it.

	And 50 UPS does change game mechanics no matter how much others
	claim or wish otherwise.

	And I would think that Karthik would evaluate features on a case
	by case basis as he has always done in the past.  But I'm pretty
	sure that anything that changes the base nature of the game
	won't be enabled.  Hence why more of the more retarded borg
	features are not enabled on pickled :)

> What is your position on lower-frequency updates being a newbie deterrent?

	It is completely irrelevant.

							John

definition, not smart enough to debug it.

-- Brian W. Kernighan