Andrew,

interesting project, I'll definitely have a look!
I see that you are using Socket.io - is it fast enough? You may be better off requiring web sockets in the browser and using
the "ws" library: http://einaros.github.com/ws/

Also, I think in the long run we should add support for websockets to the netrek server directly… anyone feel like doing that? :-)

Btw the demo is not working at the moment.

-Sven