I'm not sure what you meant by compiling the bots with -m32 in CFLAGS in
their respective directory. I tried adding -m32 to the makefile in the line
that said CFLAGS=... . I think that worked for the bots because now pre-t
entertainment mostly works. I also look at the github link where
_FORTIFY_SOURCE was turned off and added that flag to my system.mk files.
However whenever a client sends a message and sometimes when the server
sends messages (like in pre-T when a planet gets taken) it still causes a
buffer overflow and kills netserv so the client has to reconnect even
though pre-t goes on without changing.