Reminder: the experimental Swift IPv4/IPv6 Netrek server is at netrek.networkmom.net

I fixed a bunch of bugs reported by Bill Balcerski: (thanks!)

+ max speed key now works
+ phaser misses show ok
+ cloaking fixed
+ flag “blinks” every second fixed
+ bombing drops shields
+ quit and fast quit now terminate the tcp socket, but no “countdown there everyone is looking at you” ;-)
- Still need to check out “planet identify when orbiting”.

I also added some features:

+ fixed planet visibility
+ plasma (including phasering plasmas and homing algorithm).  I even send the client a message telling them the target the plasma is “locked” onto when he fires.
+ Some restrictions on launching starbases (2+ kills, refit only)
+ Refitting ships works

Still many more to go, player stats, player invisibility when 1/3 map away from hostiles, and genocide logic.

I also made my server generate a report when you connect on port 2591.   Here’s the output:

droot at MacBookPro2019 ~ % nc netrek.networkmom.net 2591
<>=======================================================================<>
  Pl: Rank       Name             Login      Host name                Type
<>=======================================================================<>
  F0: Ensign     darrellR         SwiftRules redacted                  CA
<>=======================================================================<>
  Feds: 1   Roms: 0   Kli: 0   Ori: 0
  No wait queue.
<>=======================================================================<>

By comparison:

droot at MacBookPro2019 ~ % nc pickled.psychosis.net 2591
<>=======================================================================<>
  Pl: Rank       Name             Login      Host name                Type
<>=======================================================================<>
  R1: Ensign     Demoralizer      Pre_T_Robo #.psychosis.net           SC
  F2: Ensign     Shredder         Pre_T_Robo #.psychosis.net           CA
  F3: Ensign     Smasher          Pre_T_Robo #.psychosis.net           CA
  F4: Ensign     Wrecker          Pre_T_Robo #.psychosis.net           CA
  R5: Ensign     Banisher         Pre_T_Robo #.psychosis.net           BB
  F6: Ensign     Blaster          Pre_T_Robo #.psychosis.net           CA
  R7: Ensign     Eradicator       Pre_T_Robo #.psychosis.net           CA
  Iv: Ensign     Kathy            Robot      Nowhere                   SB
  Feds: 4   Roms: 3   Kli: 0   Ori: 0
  No wait queue.

Is that good enough to get the metaserver to work?   I was not immediately able to get the metaserver code in GitHub to run without segmentation faults so I haven’t tested.  I do not believe my server will accept “observer” logins so I think port 2591 is the only way to get data at this time.

Darrell