On Mon, Jun 26, 2000 at 01:51:35PM -0500, Bob Tanner wrote:
> > Hi Bob,
> >
> > Is the 128 bit version of IE/Netscape exportable outside of the U.S.?  If
> > not, those poor foreigners can't read the webpage.  Just a thought.
> >
> > Thanks for all your efforts,
>
> I got this email. I guess I need to get my head out of the US and remember the
> rest of the world! :-)
>
> Anyone outside the US able to get to the web page?

128 bit encryption is exportable.  Foreigners can download Netscape with
strong encryption.  However, Microsoft may not be permitting IE to be
distributed with strong encryption regardless of the new BXA regulations.

I don't see a need for strong encryption for Netrek mailing lists anyway.
I suggest sticking to 40-bit.  If someone really spends the time to brute
force the SSL session for a couple of mailing list passwords...

--
Dave Ahn | ahn at vec.wfubmc.edu | Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center

When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced.  Try to live your life
so that when you die, you will rejoice and the world will cry.  -1/2 jj^2