On Thu, 15 Feb 2001, Sven Neuhaus wrote:
> Eeeeeeeeeww, guess you're not man enough to play there then.

I will be there :) I have played through and gotten kills
w/ 1000ms lag so lost packets don't scare me :)

> FYI, here's a trace from that box to CMU. Doesn't look shabby to me at all.
> The lost packet at the last hop seems to be a CMU problem, it's always
> there and exactly there.

Hmm interesting.

> So maybe you will dare to show up despite 105ms of lag insanity :-)
> We'll be waiting for you.

My lag is much worse when playing at home (where I usually
play) on 56k dialup. See you at the game! I've noticed lag
bursting is much worse there as well, on continuum and the
crackaddict.com server especially. I can deal with lag but lag
bursting it's evil.

uram at cmu.edu
"Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have faith." - John 20:29