From: James Cameron <quozl at us.netrek.org>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2000 17:02:50 +1000

>On Mon, Aug 21, 2000 at 02:43:07AM -0400, Zachary Uram wrote:
>> AFAIK there are no Vanilla servers which run in Windows yes?
>> There is an NT machine at work I could prolly run netrekd on
>> but it must be Windows. Connection is 10MB/sec machine is P-100.
>> Any projetcs to port server to Win32?
>
>Yes, about five in five years.  One person got it nearly running okay,
>then disappeared.  I managed to get a copy of his source first.  I have
>not bothered to analyse it.

Can you put this source up on ftp, so I can try to take a look at it?

>I get the impression that it is not a popular platform for real-time
>gaming development.  ;-)

Uhh, yeah right.

For what it's worth, I'm also experimenting with trying to use the Borland C++ compiler that they put out for free download to try to compile things like the client, etc.  I haven't gotten very far down this path, but it looks like it ought to work.