G'day Milton,

Duplicates will appear on the metaserver listing if you send an update
for the same host name from more than one address.  The sequence you
described; of setting up a box, then setting up another, but presumably
keeping the same host name, would generate this.

We fix it for the moment by restarting the metaserver.  We did that
yesterday, and again today.

Does it look right now?

Frank: yes there is code that should remove a server if it was given to
us by UDP packet update and it is uncontactable for a while.  I do not
recall the exact time.  I hope the code works.  It won't work in the
situation of two updates from two different IP addresses with the same
host, because the metaserver contacts the host by name not by IP.