On Wed, Sep 06, 2000 at 10:49:14AM -0500, sheldon wrote:
> http://www.rsasecurity.com/news/pr/000906-1.html
>
> No more need for a license.  Just have to worry about evil government
> accusing you of selling munitions in your netrek client. :)

Steve got to it before I did.  Interesting.  Only problem for us is that
the waiver applies only for RSA algorithm development after today.  In
order for us to take advantage of this, the RES-RSA package would have to
be re-implemented from scratch.  There is no incentive for us to do this.
RES-RSA is currently not used in a commercial setting, and we are complying
with the RSAREF license already.  We can also export RES-RSA outside of
the US.

Don't fix what ain't broken...

--
Dave Ahn | ahn at vec.wfubmc.edu | Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center

When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced.  Try to live your life
so that when you die, you will rejoice and the world will cry.  -1/2 jj^2