G'day Michael,

I'm sure Gerard should comment as well, but I think you could be of
significant benefit in this ...

(a) show us a screenshot of your VB program, to give Gerard more input
    on the GUI design, (e.g. by uploading a PNG to the CVS server, or
    using e-mail)

(b) review the GUI design Gerard comes up with, to ensure we end up with
    a high quality product, (e.g. by downloading from the CVS server and
    building as each major function is built)

(c) help us to build (via CVS) the set of template layouts for various
    common screen resolutions.  (e.g. upload suggested netrekrc files,
    test other suggestions on your platform, etc).

So yes, I suggest you sign up.  I see no reason why you can't contribute
given the skills you have.