On Thu, Oct 25, 2001 at 12:43:39PM -0500, Bob Tanner wrote:
> http://www.advogato.org/article/357.html
>
> It looks like VA is on the rocks and the above url questions if SF will be
> around much longer.

I've been slowly weening off of SF (one of the reasons for putting up orion)
for a while now.  They ousted some WWW and FTP capabilities, so I haven't
been using them for those resources much anyway.  I do use their CVS stuff
extensively, but I could just migrate that over to cvs.us.netrek.org or
orion without any problems.

> As always, resources here at Real Time are available to the netrek
> community if the decision to leave SF is necessary.

I don't think SF really impacts us much aside from visibility.  I think
the current support from you/Real Time and from Karthik have been excellent.

> As an aside, Nate another tech here has gotten SF running//working on a debian
> box based on some project that is happening in the debian world, so we could do
> a mini(?) SF on orion?

I think we discussed this before and agreed that it was overkill, but we could
revisit this.  James, any thoughts?

--
Dave Ahn | ahn at vec.wfubmc.edu | Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center

When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced.  Try to live your life
so that when you die, you will rejoice and the world will cry.  -1/2 jj^2