On Sun, Oct 21, 2001 at 04:16:33PM -0400, Dave Ahn wrote:
> James, are you bundling RES-RSA with Vanilla?

It appears so.  I just noticed.  The 2.9pl7.tar.gz has res-rsa files.
See after signature for the list.  Do you still need to tell 'em when
it was imported from Australia first?  ;-)

This is because of 'make dist'.  To avoid packing RES-RSA with Vanilla,
we'll need to either complicate the 'make dist' sequence, or make
RES-RSA unpack to a location other than the Vanilla tree.  What do you
think?

> > Now with the new problems... Vanilla use standard autoconf/automake,
> While Vanilla does use autoconf, I'm not sure how many of the specific
> directory overrides it accepts.  Perhaps James could comment.

--prefix is the only override we've used.

While I have seen that most distributions want to split files into
different directories, the code in the Netrek Server presumes just one
directory will be used; LIBDIR, from --prefix.

$ tar tfz Vanilla-2.9pl7.tar.gz|grep rsa
Vanilla-2.9pl7/keycomp/rsa_key2cap.c
Vanilla-2.9pl7/keycomp/rsa_keycomp.c
Vanilla-2.9pl7/ntserv/rsa_key.c
Vanilla-2.9pl7/res-rsa/
Vanilla-2.9pl7/res-rsa/INSTALL
Vanilla-2.9pl7/res-rsa/rsa-server.c
Vanilla-2.9pl7/res-rsa/LICENSE.US
Vanilla-2.9pl7/res-rsa/Makefile.in
Vanilla-2.9pl7/res-rsa/README
Vanilla-2.9pl7/res-rsa/README.US
Vanilla-2.9pl7/res-rsa/README.mkkey
Vanilla-2.9pl7/res-rsa/config.h.in
Vanilla-2.9pl7/res-rsa/configure
Vanilla-2.9pl7/res-rsa/configure.in
Vanilla-2.9pl7/res-rsa/mkkey.c
Vanilla-2.9pl7/res-rsa/random.c
Vanilla-2.9pl7/res-rsa/rsa.h
Vanilla-2.9pl7/res-rsa/rsa_encode.c
Vanilla-2.9pl7/res-rsa/rsa_encode_dummy.c
Vanilla-2.9pl7/res-rsa/rsa_encode_gmp.c
Vanilla-2.9pl7/res-rsa/rsa_gmp.c
Vanilla-2.9pl7/res-rsa/rsa_gmp.h
Vanilla-2.9pl7/res-rsa/rsa_math.c