Ainsi parlait James Cameron :
> On Sat, Oct 20, 2001 at 05:24:45PM +0200, Guillaume Rousse wrote:
> > As it concerns only the config utility, i used gum.xpm found in the
> > tarball. However, once reduced to 32x32 pixels, it's not really readable
> > :-)
>
> I agree, it needs another one.
> We don't have one chosen.  Have you any ideas?
Maybe the original author could reproduce it and keep only the netrek logo ?
I need it into 48x48, 32x32 and 16x16 format. Just send me the largest one.

> > However, everything is compiled thereafter without any optimisation flag:
> > gcc -g  -I../ntserv -DRSA    -I..    -c -o cluecheck.o cluecheck.c
>
> Shows our Makefile are dumb.
> If you can fix them, we will fix our CVS.
Arghh ! I'm a packager, not an autoconf/automake pro :-( I'll try to have a
look, but don't count too much on me for this.

> > Finaly, i'm a bit confused about the config utility name. It seems to be
> > gum, so why symlink it as netrekcfg, and ships it in a config package ?
>
> Nobody understood why it was called gum, so we made an alias.  Hardly
> anybody who knows how to run a Netrek server wants a GUI to do it, so it
> is optional in a config package.  If you think it should be in the main
> package, then move it there.
No, an additional package is ok. Just have to find which name to use :-)
--
Guillaume Rousse <rousse at ccr.jussieu.fr>
GPG key http://lis.snv.jussieu.fr/~rousse/gpgkey.html