On Friday 26 October 2001 11:49, Guillaume Rousse wrote:
> Before adding vanilla package to official mandrake contributions, i must be
> sure of the license used. I found no mention of it neither on web site nor
> in archive, except for gum (GPL). To be precise, i found the 'unknown'
> mention in existing spec file, but that won't comply with mandrake policy
> :-) I have the same question for cow, if anybody here knows.

Netrek uses the Netrek license, which basically alows everything as long as
the copyright notice remains.

Here the corresponding part from the COW copyright.h file:

 * Permission to use, copy, modify, and distribute this software and its
 * documentation for any purpose and without fee is hereby granted, provided
 * that the above copyright notice appear in all copies and that both that
 * copyright notice and this permission notice appear in supporting
 * documentation.  No representations are made about the suitability of this
 * software for any purpose.  It is provided "as is" without express or
 * implied warranty.

Kurt (007)
COW Source keeper

--
Kurt Siegl / Franzberg 4, A-4483 Hargelsberg, Austria
Email: Kurt.Siegl at freemail.at  Tel (ISDN):   *(7225)7017