On Thu, Jun 16, 2005 at 07:50:40PM +0100, Jack Norris wrote:
> And im also having a problem with the metaserver now. I keep flooding
> it (according to telnet) and i am unsure why.

It was because all the aliases for the metaserver resolve to two IP
addresses, and you had three defined, and the EU one resolves to two.
The code doesn't determine unique IP addresses but it should.
Workaround is to reduce your metaservers file to just
metaserver.netrek.org entry.  I've done that in CVS sf.net for
docs/metaservers-HowTo.  I'll take patches that change ntserv/solicit.c
to detect duplicate IP addresses and avoid sending an update.