On 11/11/06, James Cameron <quozl at us.netrek.org> wrote:

> > It would be a great achievement if it would bring substantial new
> > players to the game (and fun too)
>
> Yes.

As much as I appreciate Bill's and others efforts I think it would be
an even greater achievement if we could get regular bronco pickup
games going again! Netrek IS bronco. There has always been variants
such as hockey, chaos, sturgeon, etc.. but there was always an active
pickup scene in which players learned what real netrek is and learned
to appreciate that which is IMHO the most satisfying gameplay. For the
first time in my memory that is no longer the case. I haven't seen a
single bronco pickup game in over 2 months.

Zach