On Aug 6, 2007, at 8:55 AM, James Cameron wrote:

> I'm not so sure.  Continuum has experienced a possible denial of
> service
> attack in the past month or two, just that I haven't been as open
> about
> it as Bill has.  Did some patching on it tonight.

I've experienced a few cases where there were 3 slots (my dup limit)
sitting partially logged-in. In the couple cases where I saw an
actual player come in from that IP, it turned out to be a MacTrek
user. It seems a MacTrek client bug may be triggering occasional
groups of dead slots. You may have been seeing this as well. (Ccing
Chris Lukassen in case he doesn't see this on the list.)

I haven't seen anything else resembling a DoS on pickled, past the
usual idiocy of people occasionally logging in several slots for
whatever purpose and similar. Certainly nothing that was a sustained
attack.