On Fri, 24 Aug 2007, Rado S wrote:

> =- Niclas Fredriksson wrote on Wed 22.Aug'07 at 12:46:58 +0200 -=
>
>> The only thing that people could be confused about is what label
>> these people (James, Ahn, Sven, etc) have, but it's quite clear
>> who they are, what they have contributed and what they are doing
>> for the game.
>
> Is that true, too, when there is much silence for a longer period of
> time and no central place to carry those vital information?

Yes.

> How would you know that somebody has dropped out or changed mind
> when there is little overall activity and publicity left?

There is no need to know exactly who's been doing any active work in, say,
the past month in the netrek council. It's not a paid job and these people
will do what they can when they can.

> I know, that's why I was asking them (or generally anyone who considers
> himself an authority to answer my question about "borg").

Anyone in the netrek community can answer your questions about borgs.
However some might argue that only the key holder's or server gods'
opinions actually hold any weight though.

>> If you want to help out, I suggest you join the team.
>
> I do for the things that I can.

I don't see you doing anything but making a lot of people read and type a
lot on this mailing list.

>> There has never been and probably will never be a need for the netrek
>> community to be as defined as the leadership of a country.
>
> So I should safely ignore any and all "borg" complaints? If I'm not
> mistaken, even you once in a while used that word.

I don't follow your train of thought here.

>> You should focus on shortening down your postings and making the
>> information more compact. That's generally how you discuss things on a
>> mailing list.
>
> Heh, I know, that's how things start, but then they get complicated by
> many participants, opinions and details (and time constraints forcing
> one to combine answers). It slowly developed and got out of control.

Your problem is you seem to feel like you have to comment on exactly
everything someone writes in a post, so your posts will grow exponentially
as the thread gets bigger. You should focus on staying to the key issue of
the post and not write excessive information like the one above. Instead
of keep asking questions that have already been answered and commenting on
and writing things that aren't relevant to the thread, stay on the subject
(like I haven't with this paragraph). This is the last time I will give
you hints on this.

-- Niclas