Meh.

Seriously, though. Netrek 2D graphics do suck, and the information games
are silly. The good players have memorized all the info anyways, so
frequently hitting 'i' or 'I' is not an issue for them. The game should
be designed for the average player - not for the expert player. The
combination of having an elitist system as well as an archaic interface
has slowly erroded the player base.

I loved Netrek at one time. I play for about a week a year now, because
the people generally aren't pleasant to be around, and it seems like a
huge time sink for no benefit. Oh wait. The secret is out.

Maybe I'm just getting older. I started playing Netrek was I was 12,
back in 1991 or so.

Cheers,
mark

--