----- message from "Andrew K. Bressen" <akb+lists.netrek-dev at mirror.to> -----

> Date: Sun, 01 Jul 2007 15:29:07 -0400
> Subject: Re: [netrek-dev] "rado to -dev translation gateway"
>

> I don't think anyone is talking about ditching the RSA system.
> It was turned off on several servers during MacTrek's teething
> pains, but I think it's back on on pickled and continuum.

Ok. Then what's the point of RSA once it's back to "normal"?
You asked in "client control" for specific solutions if I wasn't
happy with the current system. The mechanical is sufficient (for my
purpose), the social isn't yet.
 Allowing authors also to bless leaves it up to whom to decide what
"legal" netrek is? Based on what? The loudest "borg" shouters?

But maybe I'm unfair to you by mixing your opinions up with James'
resistance to rely on it and reconstruct the blessing system around
it (re "directors").

Should we keep blessing generally (once clients work with it smoothly)?
What's your opinion about revising how blessing is managed?