On Sat, Jun 30, 2007 at 05:52:49PM +0200, Rado S wrote:
> "It costs no money to play, there are no ads, and it's open source."
> and right next to it "Paradise 2000", that's ... contradictory.

Agreed.  netrek.org maintainers please either remove the term open
source or remove Paradise 2000.  Or balance it with a footnote "except
Paradise 2000".  Or use "mostly" as a qualifier.

> http://www.netrek.org/servers/machines.php
> [...]
> (2-3 more servers might come later when ready)

netrek.org maintainers please avoid statements about futures unless they
are backed by substantial evidence.  People mistrust web sites that
claim things that do not happen, and as content maintainers you cannot
ensure this predicted event happens.

> - Ad TedTurner: I read Dave has added some patches recently to
> correct errors with torps, but I have no idea where he stored the
> code now... maybe you can clarify this with him to correct the link
> and propagate it to us.

Please do your own research, Rado.  Unreleased code is not worth the
paper it isn't printed on.