On Wed, 14 Mar 2007, Stas Pirogov wrote:

> Well, I'd say if you will ask such questions on r.g.n. you will see 10
> different answers from 5 people :)

That's because on this list there are primarily developers and on rgn
there are primarily players. In general the client and server developers
have always been people who don't play the game very much or if they do
(like Trent and Bill) they care more about having their client be the most
popular one than bothering about the game balance and since a borg feature
has been implemented in another blessed client they feel no harm can be
caused by putting that feature in their own client since it's "already out
there".

But today hardly anyone plays. It doesn't matter if something as stupid
as, for instance, 50 UPS would "ruin the game" because there's pretty much
nothing of it left. Big changes change the game in a big way, and we end
up with a new game entirely (like with the 5->10 UPS change) and at this
point in time pretty much nothing bad can happen. So I say, bring on the
borgs. Bring on the big game altering changes.

-- Niclas (Trent hates me)