On Fri, May 11, 2007 at 05:28:43PM +0200, Narcis wrote:

> Like in: i get killed? i had presumed to be invisible to other
> players or
> at least invincible :) but it seems i have to join a team and simply
> play..?

	Anyone coming into the game on the observer port is put in
	the observer queue and marked as an observer.  You /do/,
	however, still need to join a team.

	Most observers enter via right-clicking on a server name in
	the metaserver list.  How are you archieving the same thing?

> Merging, no problem, UDP need to check but question remains: which
> server
> to probe? i only know of metaserver.netrek.org.

	metaserver.netrek.org is a round-robin DNS (apparently) pointing
	to sage.real-time.org and orion.netrek.org.
	metaserver.us.netrek.org points directly at sage.real-time.com, and
	metaserver2.us.netrek.org points directly at orion.netrek.org.

							John

--
"I'm sorry but our engineers do not have phones."
As stated by a Network Solutions Customer Service representative when asked to

"My other computer is your windows box."
                                     Ralf Hildebrandt