From: netrek-dev-bounces at us.netrek.org
[mailto:netrek-dev-bounces at us.netrek.org] On Behalf Of mark at mark.mielke.cc
Sent: Wednesday, May 30, 2007 8:34 AM
To: netrek-dev at us.netrek.org
Subject: Re: [netrek-dev] netrek ideas

On Wed, May 30, 2007 at 05:27:16PM +0200, Rado S wrote:
> > - Provide players with the functionality they want, which is to
> > join a game (ANY game) in the style of their liking, NOT just to
> > join a game on a particular server. As developers, we must
> > understand how to separate concerns, not expect players to do it.
> But you have to change some stuff for either way.
> I don't mean to give up on your ideal solution.
> I'm merely suggesting that while waiting for it the other solution
> could be easier to put into action and cover the time until the
> ideal solution works, since the code is already there (in some way).

Frankly - I'm surprised there are enough players at most times during
the queue to fill *one* queue. :-)

At what point is Netrek dead? :-)

Cheers,
mark

P.S. Please don't hurt me for my blasphemy.

mark at mielke.cc / markm at ncf.ca / markm at nortel.com
Canada

  One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them, one ring to bring them
all
                       and in the darkness bind them...

                           http://mark.mielke.cc/