Hello,

Some comments on some of this.

James Cameron wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 10, 2007 at 08:42:43AM -0400, cflrich at cfl.rr.com wrote:
>
>> ---- James Cameron <quozl at us.netrek.org> wrote:
>>
>>> 1.  the INL robot vote to start a draft,
>>>
>> I thought this was completed?
>>

> No.  I've tested, and "DRAFT" is not a recognised command for a captain.
> Perhaps one of your patches didn't get to me?  Have a look at my darcs
> repository and see.  There is a do_minidraft() function but it is not
> called.
>
> "tools/setgame inl-draft-on" works fine in the meanwhile, for testing.

Yeah, forgot to update inlcmds.c.  You should have a patch for this
now.  Command is "MINIDRAFT".

> On Mon, Sep 10, 2007 at 11:33:50AM -0400, cflrich at cfl.rr.com wrote:
>
>> Ok, had a look at the latest and greatest.  I've added some code to
>> finish the player positioning after picks, based on pick sequence;
>> added code to set p_inl_pick_sequence.  I'm considering giving the
>> variable double duty before picks, to use it to randomize the
>> positioning in the player pool.  Correct would probably be to add a
>> new variable, but this seems a waste.
>>

> Don't worry about the waste.  Let's add a new variable.
> p_inl_pool_sequence.  This is so that a reject (should we finish that
> part of the code) puts them back in the same place.

Done.  Still have to do something about players who enter mid-draft,
however.  I didn't address that (yet).

>> I'll have to wait til I get home from work to submit a patch (~7 hours
>> from now-- 6 PM EST).
>>

> Ugh.  You need a portable vm.  If this happens again, just mail me the
> whole source file.  ;-)

Ok :-)

>> Other features to consider are a timer on captain picks, the penalty
>> being a random pick,
>>

> Is that really necessary?  The captains are in charge.  If they need to
> talk something over, it is better in my opinion to let them.

I can certainly imagine cases where it would be necessary.  Certain
players may use the draft time inappropriately otherwise (to discuss
strategy or assign roles, say).  The above is certainly true, however.
If they need to talk things over, we should supply them with a command
to suspend the draft (pausedraft?).  I'll put that on my mental to-do list.

>> and a hold on the draft process until all players are in the player
>> pool (especially for the case when a player quits, new player joins,
>> and they're warping to the pool).
>>

> Well, if they are transwarping to the pool the draft isn't over, and
> they can be chosen by the up captain even while they are moving.

True.  I suppose the captain should be reading; there is a message to
all when a player joins.

Thanks,
Rich