On Wed, Apr 02, 2008 at 04:27:32PM -0400, Mark Mielke wrote:
> Rado S wrote:
>     1) Netrek is a game, games need fairplay, netrek doesn't have it.
>     2) Dealing with fairplay in netrek would turn more people active.

There is no unfairness that isn't caused by a player's own choices
and actions.  The fairness is enforced by the network protocol and the
server.

I agree with Mark, decline of Netrek is due to many factors, and I don't
think fair play relates to any of the factors.  That fair play will
increase activity ... is a specious argument that wastes time that could
be better spent on the factors that are significant.