On Tue, 8 Apr 2008, Mark Mielke wrote:

> In the other poster's comments, I saw him doing the exact same thing in
> this thread. I defend the newbie for having too large of a learning
> curve. He tells me that text messaging is a skill that must be learned.
> I challenge him. He tells me he thinks I have no experience, with the
> presumed conclusion that I should not have a say in this debate (all his
> own assumptions based on ignorance). How is a real newbie ever going to
> feel welcome in this environment?

Are you drunk?

Pretty much every thing in netrek is a skill that needs to be learned.
It's not a very intuitive game and the learning curve is very steep.

Discussing the discussion isn't very productive so I'll keep this short.
Your "presumed conclusion" is incorrect. What I'm saying is that I speak
from experience, and you don't have any experience at all in this matter.
So when I say "this is how it works" and you say "no, it doesn't" you need
the burden of proof is with you. Also, you're making some outrageous
claims like the one that written information is slower to process than
spoken dito.

--
Niclas