Niclas Fredriksson wrote:

> Pretty much every thing in netrek is a skill that needs to be learned.
> It's not a very intuitive game and the learning curve is very steep.

We agree on this. We disagree on whether or not this is a good thing.
Having to learn to use text is a skill from 1990. We all did it. Some of
us have grown out of it.

> What I'm saying is that I speak from experience,and you don't have any experience at all in this matter.

You know nothing about me. My experience is just as valid as yours. I
would say my experience as more valuable, given that I came out of it
understanding that two senses are better than one sense.

> So when I say "this is how it works" and you say "no, it doesn't" you need
> the burden of proof is with you.

Actually, I don't need to prove anything. You've reminded me what I
*don't* like about Netrek, and it's no skin off my nose if somebody such
as yourself is unable to progress.

> Also, you're making some outrageous
> claims like the one that written information is slower to process than
> spoken dito.

I have to wonder what exposure you have to the world around you if you
find it outrageous that somebody might suggest voice is a good medium
for communication. How isolated are you?

Cheers,
mark

--
Mark Mielke <mark at mielke.cc>