On Wed, Apr 9, 2008 at 11:31 AM, Rich Hansen <cflrich at cfl.rr.com> wrote:

>  They are much more likely to listen when someone is talking to them, as
>  opposed to a 'sync on 3' message that was pasted 40 seconds ago, and
>  they're ahead a bit, and I don't remember who I'm supposed to sync on,
>  and I'm about to die anyway, and maybe I can distract some defenders,
>  and any other such nonsense that goes through a non-clue's head.
>
>  It's much harder to decloak when someone is saying into your ear, "Not
>  yet, not yet, not yet, not yet."  Similarly, you're unlikely not to
>  decloak when someone yells, "Now!"
>
>  As for calling, only the leader should be calling an ogg.  I actually
>  think having voice will cut down on the number of bad ogg calls, since
>  the (presumably most clued) leader can stop any bad calls, and reiterate
>  that only they make ogg calls, more quickly, and whether or not they are
>  currently in a dogfight.

Ok I look forward to seeing a base ogg synced using voice. Should be fun.

>  Yes, use sound.  This is like saying, "What about people who choose not
>  to use the message window?"

I often play netrek while listening to music on my headphones. And
other times I just like to play in silence so I can concentrate more
fully such as in clue games. The message window is fundamental to
gameplay. I see the voice as more of an extra feature that some may
elect to use. It would be really cool if we could get a voice to text
system so when the leaders says "Ogg base" it would appear in text on
the team board.

Zach